Vesigen Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics enabled by engineering naturally existing vesicles for delivery. Vesigen’s patented technology, called ARMMs (ARRDC1 Mediated Microvesicles), can be used to precisely deliver a wide range of payloads, including gene editing complexes, proteins, and RNAs in vivo. Our team of seasoned drug hunters is committed to leveraging the novel ARMMs technology to develop transformative medicines and address unmet medical needs.
Vesigen is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist II/Sr Scientist to join our team and contribute to the development of the company’s exciting ARMMs technology across multiple disease areas. The ideal candidate will have an established background in molecular biology, vector design and optimization, membrane protein biology, and antibody engineering. This is an opportunity to innovate and impact preclinical drug discovery efforts in a dynamic biotech start-up environment.
- Expression construct design and optimization to evaluate engineering of ARMMs intraluminal payloads and targeting moieties (eg, antibodies, receptor ligands, etc…), including other vesicle surface-associated modifications.
- Custom design of vectors to enable rapid swapping of elements for optimization of transgene expression or to alter other elements, such as linkers.
- Execute and oversee testing of constructs by transient transfection using approaches such as PEI, lipoplex, or electroporation
Develop appropriate assays to evaluate new constructs and strategies to modify various ARMMs properties.
- Contribute to design of assays to support platform and discovery activities, as they relate to vector design, including appropriate evaluation of transgene expression, payloading/surface modification of ARMMs, and determination of particle potency.
- Analyze and present experimental progress and results in team meetings.
- Collaborate across research function and with process development team to enable transfer of knowhow and scale-up of engineered ARMMs production.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, protein biochemistry, virology or related life sciences field and 0-5 years of hands-on industry experience strongly preferred. B.S./M.S. with 10 or more years of relevant experience will also be considered for the role.
- Excellent understanding of membrane protein structure and antibody engineering including scFv (single chain variable fragment) and nanobodies.
- Previous experience in molecular mechanisms of virus-host interactions highly desirable
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and with relevant online tools and software packages eg: SnapGene or similar software.
- Experience with construct design, introduction into the model system/cell line, including transfection, transduction, and electroporation.
- Strong background in cell-based assays and readouts by flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging.
- Experience in and/or commitment to training and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and record keeping.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to multitask with an evolving workload.
- Motivated, self-starter with enthusiasm to learn and contribute.
What we provide:
- Competitive pay
- High-quality and inclusive medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Deductible fully funded HSA for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Paid Life, LTD, and STD insurance coverage
- 401k Program
- ACI Employee Assistance Program
- 15 paid holidays, including a winter shutdown week
- 15 days PTO (accrued)
- Unlimited Sick Time Off
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
Vesigen Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.